Since its first release in 2003, WordPress has grown up a lot. Its look and feel has been refined so now is considered to be the “go to” platform for most websites and blogs. WordPress is an open-source content management system (CMS).
In the beginning, it did have a bad rap, and only thought of as a blogging platform, which it was. As it developed, more options and functionalities have been added, allowing it to be used for more applications.
16 Reasons You Should Be Using WordPress
- It’s open-source, it’s free!
- It is super easy to learn.
- It is very SEO friendly.
- You can change the look quickly with themes.
- It encourages visitor interaction with comments.
- It’s easy to maintain.
- It’s social network friendly.
- Plugins and Widgets add almost any feature you could want.
- It’s great for building brand awareness, it’s easy to make yourself a resource to many people.
- It has automated syndication with RSS feeds.
- You can add posts and pages from mobile devises such as tablets or phones via the WordPress app (the app is free).
- It has multi-user capabilities, you can have more than one writer or add an editor account.
- It’s easy to make your website mobile friendly with mobile responsive themes.
- You can create photo and image galleries.
- It’s easy to add opt-in forms for your email list.
- It’s simple to connect to IDX companies for visitors to search for homes.
I could have gone on and on with this, however I think you get the point.
This is why WordPress is my “go to” platform for hosting websites and should be yours too!
If you need assistance converting your existing website to a WordPress site shoot an email to email@example.com and I will give you a hand with it.
I can build your WordPress site from scratch in a matter of minutes and have you posting articles and photos in no time at all.